Features - Tunnels Under City Station

The Darker Arches
Leodian
PostsCOLON 5653
JoinedCOLON Thu 10 Jun, 2010 8:03 am

Postby Leodian » Wed 30 Apr, 2014 10:42 pm

This is a photo that I took today (April 30 2014) showing a view looking towards the Dark Arches. The crane was very tall but I could not readily see what it was doing (it may or may not have anything to do with the work going on at the Dark Arches area).
Attachments
005R.jpg
005R.jpg (97.93 KiB) Viewed 4591 times
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.
Jaimersun
PostsCOLON 1
JoinedCOLON Thu 10 Jul, 2014 11:26 am

Postby Jaimersun » Thu 10 Jul, 2014 5:32 pm

Has anyone ever been brave enough to leap the little barrier opposite the train station car park and go down those grey stairs to see where they lead? I've always wanted to look.
Leodian
PostsCOLON 5653
JoinedCOLON Thu 10 Jun, 2010 8:03 am

Postby Leodian » Thu 10 Jul, 2014 8:55 pm

Jaimersun wrote:
Has anyone ever been brave enough to leap the little barrier opposite the train station car park and go down those grey stairs to see where they lead? I've always wanted to look.

Hiya Jaimersun. Regular Smiley

I assume you mean those steps that are visible in the photo in my post on 28-Jan-2013 18:31:22. I've been tempted but have never dared to go onto them! I bet security staff would be there very quickly! I've seen workmen on the steps and though I don't know I wonder if they lead to being able to get onto the stone lined river bed that seems as if it will run all the way to where the river comes out at the Dark Arches. In low flow I've seen men walking/working on the stone-lined floor of the river at the Dark Arches end.
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

Return to